Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back From Colorado

We travelled last Thursday to Colorado to visit Mike in Sterling. It was a good visit. I haven't been to see him in almost a year! We played so much scrabble! I am really over this game, well until next time we visit. Ashlyn was mostly sick of the game because I won! haha Visiting hours are from 9-3:30 so we had time to do other things while we were in Sterling. After the visits, we usually went back to the hotel to relax a little bit. We ate at some local favorites and saw Aliens in the Attic at the old theater downtown. Sterling is a small town with a roller rink, old movie theater, and other old treasures. We had a fun time and enjoyed seeing Mike again. It was hard to leave him, but we hope to visit him again in October.

On our way back, we stopped in Denver to eat at Casa Bonita's. I remember going there when I was younger.....it was a special treat for our family to go out to eat and especially there. I wanted Ashlyn to have the experience. She loved the cliff diving shows and of course the arcade. She found a dream catcher at the gift shop she had to have. (She told me and my mom that she always has bad dreams!) So my mom bought it for her to hang over her bed. She had a good time there. The food isn't as good as I remember, but overall we had a fun time.

We pulled into my other brothers (Josh) around 10:15 Sunday night. Josh had already gone to bed as he gets up at 4:30 am to go to work. We got to spend some time with Brianna (his wife) and their almost 9 month old Cayson. We stayed up late and slept in. We just sat around chatting for most of the morning. We all went to a place to eat called My Favorite Muffins. It is my new favorite! We will have to stop there every time we go to Grand Junction. We walked downtown for a while and browsed through some cute shops.

We left Grand Junction a little after 2:00 pm. The car ride home seemed to pass by quickly which was a good thing. My mom got to relax in the passenger seat and I even let her listen to talk radio! haha

All in all we had a great trip and can't wait to do it again in October :).

No comments: