Monday, March 28, 2011

Dixie Spectacular 2011






We had our first competition of the season this past weekend! Well, Ashlyn had her first....haha. I was so nervous for her solo on Friday night. Since I've had my surgery, I haven't had any time at all to help her practice at all. Also, we like to start our solo routine in November, December or at least January, but this year, it was March! We had a rocky start with our choreographers, but luckily we found Lucy! I am so happy she was able to work with our schedule and that she fit in as many practices as she could with Ashlyn! I guess I had nothing to worry about because Ashlyn won Queen!! She danced to "Strut" by Adam Lambert.

This year Ashlyn is on two teams, the Small Stars and the All Stars. She danced in 7 dances on Saturday, one right after another. At one point, she and her friend Deja only had about 3 minutes to change after one of their dances. They were ready to pass out! Our teams did really well.....lots of 1st places and even a grand champion award for the Alls Hip Hop dance. It was a really, really long weekend, but totally worth it!

p.s. A lady kicked my knee as she was walking by at the competition....she didn't even look to see what she had kicked....I tried running her down, but she was faster than my crutches!

No comments: