Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Staples are gone!!

I was finally able to get my staples out yesterday! Yay me! Whoever said it doesn't hurt when ripping staples out of your flesh is a darn liar!! I wanted to take a picture of the scar, but they quickly sealed it with adhesive and steri strips so I was out of luck. I'll have to wait until I am bandage free. I'm beginning to get stir crazy at home so I volunteered to work for a couple of hours today. Crazy, I know! Nobody is even here today, so I don't think anyone even cares if I work here any more! I'm not supposed to come back for 6 weeks, but who the heck can afford that?? I finally get to start outpatient physical therapy next Tuesday. It will be nice not to have "home health care" any more. Matt was my home health therapist. I do have to say he is awesome! He put up with my crying and screaming and has done everything he can to help me! He came to my house 3x a week to do my exercises and to do my blood work. Lucky me, I got to be on blood thinners for the past couple of weeks. I'm finally off of those too! Since I was getting so sick with the Loratabs (I have no idea how people get addicted to those things!) the doctor was nice enough to try another route. It's more like a cocktail of pills, but hey, whatever works Right?

I'll be busy the next couple of days getting ready for Ashlyn's dance competition this weekend. I have no idea how I'll make it through it! I do have some great dance moms who I'm sure will help Ashlyn with her million costume changes......Can't wait to post some pictures of her in her costumes :)

1 comment:

Kaitlin Norton said...

Yay!! Congrats. I hope you are starting to feel better. I am so bummed, the girls I teach are competing in St. George but they are competing at Dixie High, not the Dixie Center. So close, yet so far. Tell Ash hi for me!