Friday, December 12, 2008

Doritos & Butterfingers

This weekend we get to have Deja all to ourselves! Deja is one of Ashlyn's best friends, but act mostly like sisters. Deja and Ashlyn go to school together, Deja and Ashlyn spend after school together til into the evening, they dance together, spend time with each other pretty much every day....so you can see how this friendship turned into being siblings! They have a love/hate relationship. Some days they absolutely love each other and well, other days, they bicker non stop. While they have their moments (like any other sibling group), tonight they are especially good. Deja's mom Holly and I were both a little nervous, wondering how spending the entire weekend together at my house would turn out. So far so good. Actually, this is the best I've seen them!

Right now they are downstairs, in the bed they made (on the floor) watching Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses with their treats. Yes, It's almost 11 pm and they just started watching a movie. I took them to Walmart and gave them each their own cart. They thought they were going to buy the whole store, but I quickly set them straight. They ended up with Doritos, Lays BBQ chips, Butterfingers, Hershey's Chocolate Bars, Kit Kats, Sour Worms, Gummy Bears, Mike & Ikes, and two Kid Cuisines! So it was almost the whole store....... I think they will have after school treats for months! Since I'm on this crazy diet, I'm staying upstairs, away from all junk food. I will just have to resist while I'm cleaning up!

Tomorrow will be a busy day for us, so I figure the girls can have some fun time to relax. We have to go print recital programs first thing in the morning, girls have tumbling from 10-noon (I'll be on the elliptical!), then we have the dance recital (which I have to be there at 3:30 even tho it starts at 5:00), then we have the Stars Dance Studio Christmas party at the Sand Hollow Pool til 8. I'm sure I will write again tomorrow, but for now, I'm off to pack dance bags!

No comments: