Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Fun

Everything went as planned yesterday, with the exception of the tumbling class. Apparently the class was canceled, but only the coach knew about it! So instead of tumbling, Ashlyn & Deja went to the daycare so I could still get my workout in. I haven't been able to go to the gym all week! It was so hard to get in the zone. I don't know what it is, but I was dreading it....just counting the minutes til I was done. I pushed through it, and after an hour, I was finally finished. The girls wanted to hurry home to play before having to get ready for their dance recital....but I had another plan. Well, I had to buy a new pair of pants for the recital. Most of my clothes are too big for me to wear. Happy about that :), but just don't want to spend the money buying "in-between" clothes! The girls were a little sad it might take a half hour out of play time, but after I explained to them that I'd have to go the recital with my pants around my ankles, they quickly went along with my shopping trip! They found lots of shirts in the juniors section that they thought would make cute dresses so it kept them distracted and kept their minds of playing bratz.
We made it to the recital rehearsal right on time, which was surprising! Since I work for the studio, I should be there early.....but hey, I had an extra child to get ready. It was easier than I thought so it worked out well. I usually end up doing make up for lots of girls at performances, but this time I only had 4. The whole rehearsal and recital ran smoothly this year.
After the recital we had our annual Stars Christmas party at the Sand Hollow swimming pool. We had a potluck and a toy drive. It was fun, especially for the kids. I didn't see Ashlyn & Deja all night....they just swam away. Nate was able to come too and I think he had just as much fun. The party ended at 8 and after we cleaned up, we headed for the car. Holy Moly! It was snowing! Being in St. George, this is a very, very odd occurrence. I had no coat on, and Deja & Ashlyn were in their robes. The weather changed so drastically! The girls wore shorts earlier in the day and by night it was snowing! Wow!
After we got home, the girls quickly changed into their warm PJ's. Deja wore her footed jammies and Ashlyn wore two layers of jammies. They were freezing! They begged me for hot chocolate, so I agreed to make it for them. I told them to go ahead downstairs and get under the covers and start watching their movie while I changed into my jammies. By the time I got downstairs, 20 minutes later, they were already fast asleep. (They talked all day about how they were staying up til 2 am!) Guess the day completely wore them out! It was nice to have some peace and quiet for some "me time."
This morning I got up around 9:30 and could hear the girls giggling. This wasn't too much of a surprise considering how early they fell asleep. What was so surprising is the fact that when I got downstairs, I found piles and piles of candy wrappers! The had been up for a couple of hours and managed to eat almost all of the treats they bought. I'm not saying they ate a few pieces of candy. I'm saying they each ate about 8 candy bars, gummy bears, gummy worms, a cookie and some crackers and cheese! How in the world? They were both pretty wound up. We cleaned up their mess, and then I headed upstairs to fold laundry (but really writing on the blog). They finally calmed down and now they are in the playroom having a good time. Still no fighting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of day.
All in all, this was a fun weekend for all of us. It was very eventful, yet so not stressful! I planned on taking pictures throughout the weekend of all these events...I packed my camera for the recital but never found it! Still can't find it....hoping it didn't fall out of the dance bag somewhere.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Hi Ashlyn its me Raelie. I have a blog too! I like your background. We need to plat some time. Thanks!!!

From,
Raelie

Kristin said...

Who is Nate? You said Nate came to the pool, Were you talking about Nate Stout or someone else?

I was also curious how anyone can actually sho for Jeans in only a half hour, it takes me forever, I have to try on so many different pair and then retry them all on again. I think new jeans is the best thing in the world I alwasy fell better if I have new pants on!

Congrats on dropping another pants size, I will just be going up in sizes right now! So Im a little jealous of those getting skinny!

Kristin said...

So...you need to update this! Joely said Ashlyn told her yesterday that you are moving to Enterprise. Is this true? If so that commute will SUCK! Let me know whats going on.