Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm no Superhero!

So today ended up more like a Monday for us. I usually get up at about 5:00 am to get my day started. I guess today, my body wanted more rest....I woke up at 7:45! That's not slacking a little....that's a lot considering I'm supposed to be at work at 7:30. So I rushed around the house like the world was ending, throwing clothes around in my closet and asking myself ....when was the last time I did laundry? I had to quickly text my life saving friend who usually gets Ashlyn off to school for me to let her know I was going to try to play superhero and get her to school on time myself. Well, we made it to the school....only 45 minutes late! Ashlyn was so embarrassed that I had to walk her to class. She was very worried she would be in trouble. I felt so bad, but I do have to admit, sleeping in is the best! As I pulled away from the school, I realized what a horrible superhero (mom) I am..... reasons being #1) got Ashlyn to school 45 minutes late even though I was flying in my car as fast I it would go #2) Ashlyn had to wear floods because I didn't get the laundry done #3) I forgot to pay on Ashlyn's school lunch card (she has an overdue balance) so she won't be getting her chocolate milk today #4) Um, forgot to feed Ashlyn breakfast!! Okay, so #4 is seriously horrible but I'll explain how this happened. Besides being so late, I'm on a diet where I don't eat breakfast, so I often forget about that part of the day. Ashlyn usually eats breakfast with the Jensen's during the week so I don't have much breakfast food in the house. Our mornings usually are rushed without the sleeping in, but usually I drop Ashlyn off with the Jensen's and she is magically fed and at school on time. Wow, imagine that! I guess today I realized that I'm definitely no superhero!

1 comment:

Kybug said...

hi ash I love your blog from kylee