Thursday, December 11, 2008

Whoever Throws Up, Cleans It Up!!

So we have this rule in our house.....whoever throws up, cleans it up! Ashlyn knows this rule so well, that if she is on the verge of throwing up, she will run as fast as she can to the toilet or else she swallows it...I know totally disgusting! Well, I guess she forgot the rule at 1 am this morning. I finally had just gotten in my bed about 12:45 and right around 1 I thought I heard a noise. After a couple of minutes in bed, I decided to get up to check on Ashlyn. Well, there she was, throw up everywhere including in her hair. On her comforter, on her sheets, the side of her nightstand, the garbage can, the carpet....a trail in the hall........it was everywhere!! So everyone who knows me, knows how bad my gag reflex is. I can't even change a dirty diaper without gagging. Niece spits up while I'm holding her, I quickly pass her back. I definately can't deal with throw up!! So as I'm gagging and heading for my own bathroom, Ashlyn's in her bathroom continuing what she had started. What an awful night! I managed to get her bedding off the bed and part of the carpet cleaned up. After getting Ash cleaned up enough to get into my bed, it was 3 am. My alarm went off at 5 and well, I'm exhausted. I got up and shampooed the carpets upstairs twice, washed the bedding twice with the exception of the comforter. That is in a giant garbage bag waiting to be taken to the laundromat. Ashlyn is finally asleep and I should be taking a nap while she is sleeping, but I figured I'd take advantage of the situation and get some housework done. My house might actually get cleaned before Saturday! I guess there really is a positive to every negative!

3 comments:

Laura del Rio said...

I am so sorry!!! I think that yucky stomach bug is going around everywhere. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I have a couple of friends that keep trying to get me blogging, but I have not given in yet. Maybe someday. We really need to catch up soon. Miss you like crazy!!!

Kristin said...

Yeah, I am so glad you have a blog! I'll tell you the worst thing to throw up..or maybe it's just because I threw up about 10minutes ago, but it's wassail! Holy cow does it burn coming up!

Rae said...

Poor Ashlyn.